Last updated: March 17, 2021
Certain affiliated sites, mobile applications, services, or partners may be subject to additional privacy policies or privacy disclosures relating to the relevant services provided. In the event of any direct conflict between any additional policies and this policy, the additional privacy policies related to each site will control.
Please note that MST does not sell your Personal Information.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PURPOSES
- Contact Information
- Areas of Interest
- Web-based Data
Admitted Students and Alumni
- Demographic Information
- Financial Information
- Web-based Data
Prospective Job Applicants
- Contact Information
- Employment History
- Demographic Data
- Background Check
- Academic History
- Web-based Data
- Biometric Data
- Financial Information
- Sensitive Health / Medical Information
Web analytical Information is automatically collected when you visit our Sites. MST also collects and uses Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily online or offline when you contact us, respond to an advertisement, request information, register for classes, order educational or other products and services, interact on social networks, or use our job board, learning assessments or other interactive tools. While the exact nature of the Personal Information may vary depending on the type of response or service requested, throughout your affiliation with MST, we may collect Information about you to the extent it is necessary and applicable for the intended purposes.
The information we collect through your inquiries, interactions, and the application processes is necessary to provide relevant information, to verify candidates for enrollment, employment or contracting, and to provide general services related to such inquiries.
Enrolled students and alumni may provide additional information to MST to provide any services related to an academic institution and to coordinate with partners, potential employers, service activities, and all other events an employee, contractor, student or alumnus may participate in.
Photographs, biometric data, and background check information may be collected as necessary for security purposes and to comply with relevant licensing and employment requirements.
MST may combine all of the information we collect or receive about you for the stated purposes and may aggregate or de-identify your information for analytical, statistical, instructional, legal, and business purposes.
We will keep your information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this policy, unless a longer retention is required or permitted by law.
We may delete or de-identify your information sooner if we receive a verifiable deletion request, subject to exemptions under applicable law. The retention period that applies to your information may vary depending on the services you use and your interaction with MST.
To be removed from any future communication, email email@example.com
2. WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
We may share your information with third party partners. Depending on the partnership, we may share certain information including contact information (at your direction), identification and demographic information, transactional information, research and feedback, and social media information.
We may share your information with social media platforms, for example, if you click on a Facebook “like” button, the “like” may appear on your Facebook account. To control this sharing of information, please review and adjust your privacy settings for the relevant social network. Depending on your privacy settings and actions on such network, we may share contact information, identification and demographic information, user-generated content, device information and identifiers, connection and usage data, and social media information.
We engage vendors to perform services for instruction and business purposes on our behalf and share information with them to enable them to provide us with such services, including job boards, research and analytics, hosting, transaction and payment processing, marketing, fraud prevention, identity management, acquisition and other services. Service providers may use such information for their operational purposes in order to provide their services to us.
Federal, State, Law Enforcement and Other Authorities
We share any of the categories of information we collect, as appropriate, with these third parties to comply with reporting or disclosure requirements; protect and enforce the legal rights, privacy, and safety of MST, our students and employees; protect against possible fraud or other illegal activity, and to otherwise comply with appropriate administrative and legal processes.
Sale or Transfer of All or Part of Our Business or Assets
3. YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST DISCLOSURE
You have the right to request the disclosure of our collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information. You may also request the disclosure of specific pieces of information. MST will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
Those following request or disclosures may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Request Categories of Information: You may request that we tell you the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information, the categories of third parties with which the business shares personal information, or the categories of personal information that were disclosed for a business purpose.
- Request Specific Information: You may request that we tell you about some of the specific personal information that we hold about you.
- Request Deletion: You may request that we delete information that we hold about you by email to email@example.com. Note that certain information about you may not be deleted if required by law. Also note that we may not be able to provide you with certain services upon a deletion.
Prior to providing the requested information, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity through confidential information we have on file. We will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law.
At any time, you may also:
- Request to change or correct any incorrect data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
4. YOUR CHOICES
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Remind us of who you are and to access your information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. For example, a cookie is set when you register or “Sign In” and is modified when you “Sign Out” of our services.
- Automate certain areas of the MySecurityTraining.com website or online forms.
- Estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing the MySecurityTraining.com website is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior.
- Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of the MySecurityTraining.com website you have visited, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users’ habits are similar or different from one another so that we can make each new experience on the MySecurityTraining.com website a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content, and promotions that you and other users will see on our sites.
MySecurityTraining.com also collects IP Addresses, browser information and other computer information to report aggregate information to our marketing department.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. Please refer to your browser’s help page for further information about your options for controlling or monitoring cookies.
Mobile App and Connected Devices
Depending on the device you use, you may be able to manage your advertising and location preferences through your device settings. Many operating systems provide their own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to manage personalized in-application advertisements. You should review your device manufacturer’s support materials and/or the device settings for the respective operating systems for more detail on how to manage such preferences.
You can stop all collection of information by a mobile app by uninstalling the relevant mobile application.
Third-Party Online Services
MST’s Sites may contain links to third party services. These other sites, even if cobranded with MST may collect information about you and use this information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms of service. We do not control those third parties’ policies or practices. In some circumstances, we may link to some websites on behalf of others and those entities may place or permit the placement of cookies and other tracking technology. We are not responsible for these tracking practices.
5. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We use industry-standard security and take commercially reasonable measures to secure and store your Information to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Information under our control.
Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we will utilize such measures, we do not guarantee you against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Information under our control, and you provide Information to us at your own risk. You should always be cautious in the handling and disclosure of your Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure online or other methods.
6. MONITORING COMMUNICATION
We may monitor and retain incoming and outgoing communications for quality assurance purposes, to assist with training our representatives, and to retain records of such interactions.
8. CONTACT US
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have provided personal information to us or our third party advertisers and marketing partners, if any, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, if any, along with the names and addresses of these third parties, if any. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the requirements of Section 1798.83 and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.